Product images are displayed on your online store to allow your customers to see what your products look like. The best file type for most product images is JPEG.
Check out more on,
- Image sizes
- Adding a product image
- Add alt text to product images
- Protect your images
Your product images can be of any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. Product images need to have a file size smaller than 20 MB to be added to Builderfly. High-resolution photos look more polished and professional to your customers. A size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best for square product images.
Adding a product image
You can add at least 250 images for a product. When you add a product image, Builderfly automatically creates different sizes for use in different areas of your online store theme.
- From the Products page, click a product to see its details page.
- In the Images section, either drag and drop images from your computer or click one of the Add image links.
Add alt text to product images
Alt (alternate) text describes an image and is an important part of a product description. If an image can’t load for any reason, then the alt text is shown instead.
- From your store, go to Products.
- Click the name of the product that you want to edit.
- Hover over the product image and click ALT
- Add or edit your alt text in the Image alt text.
- Click Done
Protect your images
You can’t stop people from saving your on-screen images, but you can use an app from the App Store to add a watermark if necessary.