Whether you fulfill orders through a supported shipping carrier or not, there are still actions you should take to make sure your store’s checkout experience is as you expect.
When you fulfill or update orders and include a tracking number, your customers can receive a link to their order status page by email. By default, the following email templates include the URL to the customer’s order status page:
- Order confirmation
- Shipping confirmation
- Shipping update.
You can view the status of a customer’s order from the Orders page in your admin account.
- From the Orders, open the order that you want to track.
- Click the Actions button, and then click View order status page
The order status page updates in real time as the status of the shipment changes. Possible statuses are:
- Confirmed – A customer created an order, but you have not shipped or fulfilled the order yet. This is a good time to capture payment.
- Out for delivery – The shipment arrived in your customer’s area and will be delivered to your customer soon.
- Delivered – The customer received their shipment.
- Attempted delivery – The carrier attempted to deliver the shipment to the destination address, but was unsuccessful.